Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Idiocy Embargo of Clayton County

If I tell you I want you to do a list of nine things or I'm gonna break your legs, logic would dictate that you get all nine things done and probably seven more things that aren't even on the list. But the Clayton County school board thinks that they can do three things, half-ass it on five, and flat out ignore the first and easiest one. It shouldn't even be a surprise that they lost their accreditation today. And for all their big talk, they actually failed eight out of nine mandates set by SACS, including firing themselves, which even a retard can manage without supervision.

Look, if someone told me that my job as a school board member was so bad that the district was going to lose its accreditation if I didn't quit, I'd have to finish cleaning out my desk from the parking lot because I'd be out the door so fast. That's pretty embarrassing, but clearly this wasn't the career choice that God had in mind for me. There's nothing wrong with telling the world, "Hey, I'm really fucking this up." What if Noah was building the Ark wrong but wouldn't quit, then made everybody get on whatever haphazard deathtrap his drunken little hands could conjure up? Fortunately for civilization, God spake unto Noah, "Dude, stop. I'll show you how to build it."

And there were people trying to show the Clayton County school board how to build their boat, too. They were called "the parents of the Clayton County students," who were screaming at the board to come out into the parking lot so they could be shown properly. The board resisted, though, and at the end of the day, their floating washtub of mismanagement capsized in a sea of...Hell, I don't know...justice? It really isn't that great of a metaphor. The point is, they screwed everything up and finally got fired. I guess they figured their work was done. And by "work," I mean, "hand-crafted tasks of destruction."

The only reason why anyone on that board wouldn't step down is because they had something to gain. One of the board members (I couldn't be bothered to learn her name because, well...fuck her) claimed that she was doing the best she could and if she was fired, only the kids would suffer. One, I hate when people try to politicize "the children." Don't act like you're doing this for "the children." You probably don't even know "the children," and if you were really concerned about them, you would have stepped down before you finished reading the list of mandates, seeing as how you leaving your job is first on the list. Two, I don't know how much more suffering "the children" could have done seeing as how this year's seniors have essentially wasted their last 12 years of schooling thanks to you and yours not being able to follow simple instructions. "Go the hell home." What's hard about that?

Really, I'm surprised that no one has run up on them in the streets. I've been all through Clayton County. It makes DeKalb County look like a nice place to live. All the rappers are shooting their videos there now for the authenticity. How are these board members still alive? Because they clearly don't care about "the children" who still live in Clayton County. Their education isn't worth a shot glass full of watered-down piss because nine supposed adults couldn't put 52,000 kids ahead of their own interests. Hell, there's no point in going to school now, so they might as well find the people who made their education worthless.

And all this does is open the door for Republicans to start screaming about school vouchers for private schools. That's their fucking solution to everything. "Free shit sucks," they say. "Pay for everything. It's the only way you'll appreciate it. Why, when my great-grandfather came here from Eatdirtistan, he had to save up to buy the bootstraps that he would pull himself up with. He bought his boots without them because he wouldn't accept anything for free." That's the free market for you, I guess. It's probably why Republican Governor Sonny Perdue had absolutely nothing to say about this until the last minute, because he's a capitalist to the very end, even in the face of reason.

No comments: