Saturday, October 15, 2005

Untitled

It's funny how people change.

Or maybe it's me. Maybe I've changed.

Maybe something's wrong with me. Maybe I just don't get it.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive or maybe I'm being to rigid. Too uptight.

It's all fun and games. It's all just jokes.

Maybe that's just it. Maybe it is fun and games to you, but I don't think that joke is funny anymore.

Maybe now I hold myself to a higher standard and I don't like to see the depths you've lowered yourself to.

Maybe you've let me down once too often.

Maybe I don't feel I can depend on you as a friend. Maybe I know you won't understand.

Maybe I never felt that you were truly sorry for the ways you've wronged me.

Maybe I feel bad for you because things aren't going that well.

Maybe I feel worse for myself because you stabbed me in the back.

So maybe this time, you're all on your own.

Maybe one day we can clear the air and go back to being friends.

Maybe if we talk a little more like we used to, we'll begin to understand where the other's coming from.

Maybe you'll see that I don't think that stealing people's girlfriends is okay.

Maybe you'll stop having kids.

Maybe you'll understand how seriously I take concepts like vindictiveness.

Maybe you'll learn to just let some things go.

Maybe you'll learn to listen.

Or maybe you're right and I'm wrong.

Maybe I've become too serious.

Maybe I take too much abuse from other people without retaliation.

Maybe I'm too anal about my stuff.

Maybe you just need a good dose of the truth about yourself. Maybe I won't tell you because i know you're not ready to hear it.

Maybe I need it right back. In fact, there's no maybe about it.

Maybe there's a friendship still there worth salvaging.

Maybe I'll take that first step to find out. Maybe you will.

Then again, maybe not.

No comments: