Saturday, April 01, 2006

F*** Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Just got back in the house...check this out...

Okay, yesterday I was over at Stone Mountain running (well, more like walking) up the mountain. It's a pretty common thing to do here for exercise. As I was leaving, I saw none other than Jake "The Snake" Roberts, who lives in Stone Mountain. After a few minutes and trying to decide whether or not I should even say anything to him, I walked over to him and introduced myself, and just talked to him in general about wrestling, training and whatnot. He seemed annoyed at first, but lightened up as the conversation went on. He noticed my size and asked if I had any interest in becoming a wrestler. I told him that I trained some a couple of years ago, but I never finished after the drama that went down at my school. I kinda glossed over it, because it's too long of a story for smalltalk. I said that I'd still like to do it if the opportunity for training came up. He said that he was good friends with some people over at NWA Wildside in Corellia, which is about 30 miles away from here. He said he'd be there tomorrow morning for a couple of hours, because he'd be working a show there later on in the week and he wanted to check out the talent. He said he'd go over some things with me and see about gettng me set up with some training.

So today, i went down there and met some of the guys there. Saw a guy I used to train with at WWA4, Jay Fury, who's burning up the indy circuit right now. I got in the ring with Jake and this is where things took a turn for the worse. He started yelling and screaming whenever I didn't do something fast enough or exactly how he wanted it. When he'd show me a hold, he'd sneak a punch into my ribs grind my face into the mat, you know, real dirty stuff. I was just taking it at first, because this is wrestling. This is just how things go. It's no big deal.

Then, when I was getting up off the mat, this man hit me in the temple with his knee. It was kinda stiff, but i sold it. You're always taught to sell, even in practice. While I'm laying on my back, he jumps on top of me, pins me down and puts his hands around my neck and starts talking shit about he could kill me right now and how no one could do anything about it because he's Jake "The Snake" Roberts. He looked real wound up, but i thought he was just acting. I didn't think anything of it...until he slapped me.

He started laughing and got up. Needless to say, I was PISSED. As he got up, I pushed him back and swung on Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Next thing I know, we were scrapping. I was fighting with Jake "The Snake" Roberts! Some of the other wrestlers broke us up, and being the new guy, I was thrown out. Jay came outside with me to calm me down and while we were out there, Jake came after me again, and this time he had a gun! He was grabbed again and pulled back inside before he could do anything. A couple of minutes later, Bill Behrens, the promoter, came out to talk to me and talked to me, telling me about how they aren't using Jake in their shows anymore because of this and that he'd heard that Jake cleaned up, but apparently that wasn't true and this and that...he asked me to leave, because they needed to get Jake out of there and I was parked next to Jake. I was pissed, but I left.

Can you believe that shit? If any of you ever see that man Jake Roberts, anywhere, I want you to call him a bitch to his face. And let him know that if I ever see him again, it's gonna be a misunderstanding. I just felt the need to get all that out. Something else I just gotta say...April Fool's.

Gotcha...or not.

No comments: