Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just a quick thought on people in the grocery store

I try not to be a judgmental person, because I know that I have done some things in my life that God isn't exactly thrilled about. However, if you're one of those people who are trifling enough to walk around the store drinking a beer that you have no intention of paying for, then I'm just gonna assume that it's okay for me to draw the Judgment Line somewhere in that area. If you really had a drinking problem that out of control, you'd be imagining all of this from the inside of the DeKalb County jail after getting beat up at the club again.

I'm just not understanding what the situation could be that would drive a person to walk around store, eating the food that's in their cart. Are you that hard-up for a bite to eat that you can't wait until you get outside? Usually, when I see someone doing that, they're morbidly obese as it is, and from time to time, they're not even going to pay for it. I wasn't aware that being fat also made you stupid, because if there's anyone that security is going to watch in a store full of food, it's someone who can't wear regular sized clothes. They're already assuming that you don't have any self control; don't go proving them right.

I think it's okay for me to judge these people, because even though I'm broke, I've still got pride enough to where I'm not stealing food that I can pay for. "But, you can't judge them, you don't know their situation!" Yes I can, because in addition to the cart full of food, they've got two or three kids, one of which is in the cart, being fed, so they stay quiet. Way to set an example for the next generation. Chances are, that lady's on food stamps, so it's not like she can't pay for the food. And that right there isn't judging, but instead making an assumption. I like my odds on being right.

So yeah, I'm judging you. You could say I'm wrong, but no one's ever seen me throwing back sodas while I wander around the electronics department. Probably because I can go 30 minutes without jamming more food in my mouth. I'm just overweight, not an example of what's wrong with America.

No comments: