Saturday, June 01, 2013

Ugh...day 2. This sucks.

For me, this is usually the moment where all of my momentum peters out.  And it still might, because I have absolutely nothing to say today.  But this is sort of a public reclamation project, kinda like how people post their weight loss progress online.  I assume that people are watching.  Might not be the same people every day, but I assume someone is looking, lurking, waiting for me to slip, so they can call me on it.  At least, that's what I hope, because that's what I need. 

I've never had any mentors or anything like that.  There's never been anyone who has tried to actually guide me in any particular direction.  I mean, I've had people tell me that I could do various things.  I've received encouragement.  I've had people tell me, "this is what you should do."  So what makes this time so different? 

Well, for one, the person that I spoke with yesterday has actually worked in the field that I'm seeking to get into.  That right there separates her from everyone else I know.  I've never known anyone who has actually put in the work themselves to do what I want to do.  Her words hit me a little bit differently, because she could actually tell me exactly what I needed to do.  And she did, which is why I'm writing all of this out.  So if you're taking it personally that someone else's words got me to do this instead of yours (and there are a few of you out there), please don't. This isn't about you, and I'm sure there are tons of things I've said to all of you that didn't strike you like I'd hoped.  Hell, I've got a blog that exists as an eternal monument to that fact.  Just be happy that someone got me to look at things a little bit differently.

One more thing, all of these blog entries aren't going to be like this.  I've never been one to put my personal business online, so don't expect this to continue forever.  I'm probably going to get back to the same all over place topics that I used to, but I'm developing a foundation to do it on a regular basis. So just bear with me.  This is gonna be boring for a second. 

No comments: